V Needs Reliable Didder Pad...Please Help!

Moderator: Moderators

elcuebee
Standard
Standard

Post by elcuebee » Wed Sep 26, 2007 4:01 pm

Oh yeah, no doubt, if that stream in Liquidity was like, boom boom dollar steps or something, hell no haha

Although I *have* nearly full comboed (three misses) the first stream run in Strangeprogram so... it's still not that insane (cuz my stamina sucks, so does my accuracy, so i know i'm not that great)

There are SOME negatives to the pad though;

-BE SURE you don't order it during holiday season. I did this, and the pad was rushed out to me... and by rushed, I mean, it was wrecked. I'll have to show you the pictures sometime, but sensors were missing, metal was dented in 20-30 places, there were massive gashes across the panels and metal on top, the bar was lopsided, and 1/4th of the screws/bolts were missing, as well as some brackets sticking out 2x more than they should have.

We called up mymybox and they shipped us another one for free.... and never asked for the other pad back. So we have a pretty screwed pad still in a shipping box, if anyone wants to buy that for like, half price hahaha

-The pad "absorbs" impact. What I mean by this is, those of you who don't play bracket-style (or even some of you too), you generally have learned how to "rebound" off of the pad, if you get what I mean, right? As in, slightly bounce off of the pad to move quickly to another step.

However, for some reason, the Blueshark pad really absorbs this impact, so for a while, playing will wear you out twice as fast, until you get used to it. This is also a positive though because it trains you even better; when I played on Rascal's pads, I felt like I was on air because I was able to move wayyy faster than i've been able to for months on the Blueshark.

-The bar is very, very wobbly. Now, for me, this is a positive, and at first, it's pretty solid, but over time, it gets kinda loose, and again for me this is kind of good because I can "lean with" the bar so to speak, but for others, I imagine this would really suck.

-The control box you plug it into is REALLY shitty. And I don't mean it malfunctions, or it doesn't read input, but the control box itself doesn't let you screw in or lock in the plug from the pad, so if someone walks across and even nudges the control box, it'll rip the cord out of it and your pad'll stop sending input to the game. It won't come out during normal play though, guarenteed.

Regardless, it's still the best home pad on the market i've ever played on, so yeah.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:04 pm

liquidblue aka DBV wrote:-The pad "absorbs" impact. What I mean by this is, those of you who don't play bracket-style (or even some of you too), you generally have learned how to "rebound" off of the pad, if you get what I mean, right? As in, slightly bounce off of the pad to move quickly to another step.
I would wager a guess that this is at least partially attributed to the fact that the Blueshark sits flat on the floor. That's a lot of surface area to transfer the force of your feet and produce the "absorption" you describe.

By comparison, arcade DDR, PIU, and ITG stages sit up on levelers (usually 4 per player side). This leaves most of the area underneath the stage not in contact with anything at all. There is substantially less transfer surface. This also give the stage some room for the entire stage to flex under load. It's steel, so it's not going to flex much--probably not even visibly--but it probably does enough to give you a little bit spring.

The original Solo stage design also sat flat on the ground. It had similar energy-robbing absorption characteristics. The deluxe version of the Solo stage put it up on levelers like the 2-player stages. This eliminated a lot of that feeling.

Also, the sensors of (non-Solo) arcade stages are on the outer edges of each arrow panel. This leaves the center unsupported and gives the arrow panels an opportunity to flex more, too.

BTW, I have no idea what you mean by "bracket style".

th34nt0ni0
Standard
Standard

Post by th34nt0ni0 » Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:06 pm

liquidblue aka DBV wrote:playing will wear you out twice as fast
not even kidding.

SoDeepPolaris
Heavy
Heavy

Post by SoDeepPolaris » Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:07 pm

Ho wrote: BTW, I have no idea what you mean by "bracket style".
Foot-rocker maybe?
I really love CS:GO's 64 tick servers.

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Post by lgolem » Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:08 pm

Fluffyumpkins wrote:Actually my Flux is kinda bleh right now. One of the sensors is totally dead. I can't imagine how a contact like that could completely die, but I wager that it is just a loose wire.
Which is an easy fix for me a nerd with a soddering gun *insert nerdy emoticon here*

liquidblue aka DBV wrote: -The bar is very, very wobbly. Now, for me, this is a positive, and at first, it's pretty solid, but over time, it gets kinda loose, and again for me this is kind of good because I can "lean with" the bar so to speak, but for others, I imagine this would really suck.
for other people this may be important, but since you probably don't know V that well....V sees bar raping as like a sin and she makes fun of those who do bar rape (like me for example), so for her the barless modle will do better, and save her like 50$ which could be spent on Supernova 2 for the PS2 later.

th34nt0ni0
Standard
Standard

Post by th34nt0ni0 » Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:11 pm

nice, Ho.

maybe i'll look into getting 4 little stands from a hardware store and putting them on the bottom to get that spring i need. because playing tribal style makes me want to die.

elcuebee
Standard
Standard

Post by elcuebee » Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:14 pm

*snip*
Last edited by elcuebee on Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:22 pm

lgolem wrote:Which is an easy fix for me a nerd with a soddering gun
Pet peeve of mine...it's solder. S. O. L. D. E. R. Despite what some people may tell you, sodder is not an alternate spelling.

I just remembered that I do have an old RO Ignition, lightly used (works great, has some scuffs on the vinyl top from socks). It's an older model, back before they started to sucks. PS/PS2 only.
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.
If you find this funny, you're a nerd.
If neither of the above apply, you are normal. Congratulations.

hascoolnickname
Heavy
Heavy

Post by hascoolnickname » Wed Sep 26, 2007 8:02 pm

I don't like it when people blatantly whore bracket style to the point where all they are doing really is "feet rocking" the bar is there for a reason- you just look like more of a tool when look like you're waiting for someone to say "at ease" than when you're raping the bar like you're not paying to do it
indyddr.com - "THE DUMBEST forum on the Web."

elcuebee
Standard
Standard

Post by elcuebee » Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:17 pm

hascoolnickname wrote:I don't like it when people blatantly whore bracket style to the point where all they are doing really is "feet rocking" the bar is there for a reason- you just look like more of a tool when look like you're waiting for someone to say "at ease" than when you're raping the bar like you're not paying to do it
what about for songs like;

-air
-strangeprogram
-vertex beta
-pulse
-the logical song

etc. songs that using the bar alone and not bracketing is going to be pretty damn hard

BigBadOrc
Standard
Standard

Post by BigBadOrc » Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:42 pm

liquidblue aka DBV wrote: what about for songs like;
-air
-strangeprogram
-vertex beta
-pulse
-the logical song

etc. songs that using the bar alone and not bracketing is going to be pretty damn hard
can you upload strangeprogram, pulse, and logical song somewhere so i can d/l them :D
groovestats
<3 blackcat

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:55 pm

hascoolnickname wrote:the bar is there for a reason
Damn straight! Bar tricks are awesome! Every freestyle can support a little bar flair!
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.
If you find this funny, you're a nerd.
If neither of the above apply, you are normal. Congratulations.

elcuebee
Standard
Standard

Post by elcuebee » Thu Sep 27, 2007 12:03 am

BigBadOrc wrote:
liquidblue aka DBV wrote: what about for songs like;
-air
-strangeprogram
-vertex beta
-pulse
-the logical song

can you upload strangeprogram, pulse, and logical song somewhere so i can d/l them :D
just google the names of them, there should be videos on youtube of peopel playing all of the songs i listed

however for download, logical song is probably nowhere on the internet, i'll have to upload that when i get home, pulse may be out there on bemanistyle, and strangeprogram i guarentee is on like a billion sites since everyone plays it.

hascoolnickname
Heavy
Heavy

Post by hascoolnickname » Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:40 am

I don't visit those types of sites, it's against my religion
indyddr.com - "THE DUMBEST forum on the Web."

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:43 am

lgolem wrote:
Fluffyumpkins wrote:Actually my Flux is kinda bleh right now. One of the sensors is totally dead. I can't imagine how a contact like that could completely die, but I wager that it is just a loose wire.
Which is an easy fix for me a nerd with a soddering gun *insert nerdy emoticon here*
The hard part it getting inside the pad. I'll take some pics and show you.
Last edited by Fluffyumpkins on Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.