V Needs Reliable Didder Pad...Please Help!

Moderator: Moderators

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:28 am

liquidblue aka DBV wrote:
th34nt0ni0 wrote:nice, Ho.

maybe i'll look into getting 4 little stands from a hardware store and putting them on the bottom to get that spring i need. because playing tribal style makes me want to die.
I've actually never thought about doing this... would keep my pad off the floor where dust gathers too. I just always used it for stamina, but i'm gonna look into this when i get back also :)
DISCLAIMER: I've never seen a Blueshark in person. I have no idea if it is built to be able to support itself on levelers. According to the specifications, it weighs 85 lbs. This compares to half of an arcade DDR stage which is about 220 lbs. I think it's safe to assume that the arcade stage is more heavy duty.

Also, the lower weight of the Blueshark on the reduced surface area of levelers vs. the full pad flat on the floor may cause the Blueshark to slide around more. This might cause some floor damage depending on what kind of surface you're putting it on. Heck, I've seen some pretty bad scrapes left by arcade stages with levelers that weren't properly set (see: X-Site).

Basically, I'm just noting the similarities and differences between arcade stages (which I have worked on fairly extensively) and the Blueshark (which I'm basing only on pictures and descriptions). I think it's a neat idea to try give the Blueshark more "spring" by making it more arcade-like, but I'm not actually advising you to do so nor am I making any warranties against damage caused by doing so. [/legal] ;)

BigBadOrc
Standard
Standard

Post by BigBadOrc » Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:32 am

liquidblue aka DBV wrote: logical song is probably nowhere on the internet, i'll have to upload that when i get home,
sweet! well, if you're uploading one, might as well zip all 3 and a few other good songs and upload that :)
groovestats
<3 blackcat

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:40 am

I recommend the Maxi Pad.

SoDeepPolaris
Heavy
Heavy

Post by SoDeepPolaris » Thu Sep 27, 2007 2:45 pm

MonMotha wrote:
hascoolnickname wrote:the bar is there for a reason
Damn straight! Bar tricks are awesome! Every freestyle can support a little bar flair!
Matrix walk.
I really love CS:GO's 64 tick servers.

BigBadOrc
Standard
Standard

Post by BigBadOrc » Thu Sep 27, 2007 2:53 pm

Riot wrote:I recommend the Maxi Pad.
Fluffyumpkins wrote:The hard part is getting inside the pad. I'll take some pics and show you.

Hey I had an idea.. what if like.. instead of stands.. you got like a hollow metal or wood box to put under the pad.. that would get rid of the risk of scratching ur floorz
groovestats
<3 blackcat

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Post by lgolem » Thu Sep 27, 2007 4:57 pm

Fluffyumpkins wrote:
lgolem wrote:
Fluffyumpkins wrote:Actually my Flux is kinda bleh right now. One of the sensors is totally dead. I can't imagine how a contact like that could completely die, but I wager that it is just a loose wire.
Which is an easy fix for me a nerd with a soddering gun *insert nerdy emoticon here*
The hard part it getting inside the pad. I'll take some pics and show you.
I am fairly confident I could still fix it

V
Standard
Standard

Post by V » Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:57 pm

Well I am legitimately torn here...I guess I'll give it a little more time to figure out which one I want...

But besides the fact that I don't really bar rape (or try not to), it's completely impractical for me to get the blueshark with the bar because my apartment is not very big and has little storage room, so I'd be getting the version without the bar.

Oh, and plz keep egos out of this discussion guys, I really can't stress enough how little I care about any of your DDR skills. :roll: Thx :wink:

elcuebee
Standard
Standard

Post by elcuebee » Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:52 am

V wrote:Well I am legitimately torn here...I guess I'll give it a little more time to figure out which one I want...

But besides the fact that I don't really bar rape (or try not to), it's completely impractical for me to get the blueshark with the bar because my apartment is not very big and has little storage room, so I'd be getting the version without the bar.

Oh, and plz keep egos out of this discussion guys, I really can't stress enough how little I care about any of your DDR skills. :roll: Thx :wink:
the bar doesn't add on that much but yeah

even without you doing songs that would require bar (thus not needing bar), id still say do blueshark.

it's extremely durable, extremely sensitive (i played on cobalt flux also remember, blueshark beats it in this area) and will effectively train you stamina-wise for arcade due to the above mentioned points.

ShammerS
Standard
Standard

Post by ShammerS » Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:04 am

Just thought I'd note: I saw DDR Disney mix on sale at GameStop, game and Konami standard soft pad, for $20. You can rock it to Donald Duck Hardcore Mix on a decent pad for cheap.
V wrote:Oh, and plz keep egos out of this discussion guys, I really can't stress enough how little I care about any of your DDR skills. :roll: Thx :wink:
I can lollerskate max 4000 and matrix walk your facezorz.

BigBadOrc
Standard
Standard

Post by BigBadOrc » Thu Oct 04, 2007 12:14 pm

I AAA'd Fascination Maxx extra stage yesterday....

....on my hands
groovestats
<3 blackcat

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Post by lgolem » Thu Oct 04, 2007 1:06 pm

Fluffy passed Bag Expert Doubles on 1x last night

elcuebee
Standard
Standard

Post by elcuebee » Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:44 pm

lgolem wrote:Fluffy passed Bag Expert Doubles on 1x last night
lol but this is actually possible and not that hard, the other ones weren't

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Thu Oct 04, 2007 3:05 pm

UM I BELIEVE YOU MEAN RIOT

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Thu Oct 04, 2007 3:37 pm

Ah, but it was my first try. And I suck at doubles.

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Thu Oct 04, 2007 3:51 pm

Fluffyumpkins wrote:
Ah, but it was my first try. And I suck at doubles.
GOOD THING IT WAS SINGLES THEN