Most Missed Song from New Mixes?

Moderator: Moderators

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Near some arcade place that has the same initials as Drum and Bass

Post by Amp Divorax » Fri Nov 23, 2007 6:42 pm

Ho wrote:Yes, but many of those appeared in mixes prior to 4th also...

It wasn't until 5th Mix that songs started disappearing from the set list. 4th Plus basically had everything that had appeared in the main Japanese DDR series except for Strictly Business and So Many Men.

5th Mix dropped a lot of songs and added several that ended up being (arcade) exclusives. MAX dropped everything and completely started over. I think they realized that was a mistake and revived a bunch old content to go along with the new songs for MAX2. Extreme and SuperNOVA were the same with a mix of old and new, but I really don't know what their rationale is for what stays and what goes.
Actually, there is a good reason for songs in Extreme AC not appearing in SuperNOVA AC. Back in the 2nd/3rd Mix days Konami made a longterm deal with Toshiba/Emi to be able to use songs from the Dancemania series and not have to pay any licensing fees with the only requirement being that the game had advertisements for the series. However, Dancemania does not exist in the US, so to have those songs appear they would have to strike a separate deal which does cost money. While some songs did return, there were a few songs like Rhythm and Police and the afforementioned So Deep which got removed due to prohibitive pricing. What really does bother me though is that instead of coughing up the money to get the licenses for those two songs, they get crap like Jerk It Out and a horrible Boys 2 Men cover which to me shouldn't have been in the game at all.

This isn't the first time that Konami has done this as in IIDX they purged almost all of the old AVEX/Trance licenses in 10th Style AC after the whole 7th Style CS debacle and in IIDX Gold they purged the majority of licensed songs from IIDX RED and DistorteD for a possible international release.

The largest irony to me is that the only rhythm game series that successfully dodged this issue was In The Groove as all they licensed song deals they made covered their franchise in the longterm and not just on a release by release basis.
Memorable 2016 quotes:
Ho wrote:You can break arcade games and I will fix YOU!

chocobojoe
Heavy
Heavy

Post by chocobojoe » Sat Nov 24, 2007 9:48 am

Boom Boom Dollar, both mixes

SoDeepPolaris
Heavy
Heavy

Post by SoDeepPolaris » Sat Nov 24, 2007 3:01 pm

OrangeLounger wrote:Boom Boom Dollar, both mixes
BBD was my first 2footer.

True story.

ShammerS
Standard
Standard

Post by ShammerS » Sat Nov 24, 2007 3:22 pm

Strictly Business. I love that song.

trythil
Standard
Standard

Post by trythil » Sun Nov 25, 2007 4:14 am

FRASH

IN THE NIGHT

Seriously -- I'm ambivalent on its steps (and I think its beginning and end sections are kinda ridiculous), but the song itself was pure awesome Eurobeat cheese. The only other Bemani song I've heard that comes close on the awesome cheese scale is IIDX RED's Night Flight to Tokyo. Midnite Blaze would also be up there, I guess.

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Amp Divorax » Sun Nov 25, 2007 5:05 am

trythil wrote:FRASH

IN THE NIGHT

Seriously -- I'm ambivalent on its steps (and I think its beginning and end sections are kinda ridiculous), but the song itself was pure awesome Eurobeat cheese. The only other Bemani song I've heard that comes close on the awesome cheese scale is IIDX RED's Night Flight to Tokyo. Midnite Blaze would also be up there, I guess.
In terms of Cheese it seems that you know nothing about a certain song on IIDX Gold!
Memorable 2016 quotes:

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:19 am

So Deep

SoDeepPolaris
Heavy
Heavy

Post by SoDeepPolaris » Sun Nov 25, 2007 1:17 pm

Riot wrote:So Deep
Awwww.

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Post by danc1005 » Sun Nov 25, 2007 1:46 pm

More like "most missed member of Fort Wayne DDR scene" amirite?

chocobojoe
Heavy
Heavy

Post by chocobojoe » Sun Nov 25, 2007 5:37 pm

danc1005 wrote:More like "most missed member of Fort Wayne DDR scene" amirite?
Yeah like not me.

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Amp Divorax » Sun Nov 25, 2007 7:03 pm

Personally, I think the removal of all things Dancemania from DDR Supernova 2 was very unfortunate to say the least. (This has full details of what doesn't appear in SN2) The songs that shouldn't have been removed though were Spin The Disc, Last Message, and Radical Faith despite the fact that they were transplants from other Bemani franchises.
Memorable 2016 quotes:

trythil
Standard
Standard

Post by trythil » Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:34 am

Amp Divorax wrote: In terms of Cheese it seems that you know nothing about a certain song on IIDX Gold!
Touché.

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Post by lgolem » Mon Nov 26, 2007 1:19 pm

Butterfly (/sarcasm)

Pheonixguy
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Pheonixguy » Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:23 pm

Amp Divorax wrote:Personally, I think the removal of all things Dancemania from DDR Supernova 2 was very unfortunate to say the least. (This has full details of what doesn't appear in SN2) The songs that shouldn't have been removed though were Spin The Disc, Last Message, and Radical Faith despite the fact that they were transplants from other Bemani franchises.
i never knew those were gone till now :shock: :cry:
You will be baked
Jeff wrote:Try playing in your room where your father enters to see you making crotch gestures with your hands.

chocobojoe
Heavy
Heavy

Post by chocobojoe » Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:10 pm

LEAST MISSED SONG: Let Them Move