Cheap DDR pad?

Moderator: Moderators

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Re: Cheap DDR pad?

Post by MonMotha » Thu May 29, 2014 6:23 pm

It'll probably end up billed dimensional. I'll have to measure the box they end up in to see and let you know. What's your postal code?
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.
If you find this funny, you're a nerd.
If neither of the above apply, you are normal. Congratulations.

Reflectivity
Standard
Standard

Post by Reflectivity » Thu May 29, 2014 7:02 pm

MonMotha wrote:It'll probably end up billed dimensional. I'll have to measure the box they end up in to see and let you know. What's your postal code?
I'd prefer not to post it on a public forum. If you're just using it to look at an estimate, here's the one from my town (it's some business so don't actually ship it here!)
N3R 5L8

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Thu May 29, 2014 9:16 pm

Send a PM. :)

Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland

Post by Merk » Thu May 29, 2014 11:45 pm

How important are scores? If you do not give a darn about scores then a DDRGame pad will suffice. If you want to play for keepsies then a Radioshack converter and MonMotha's pads will be the way to go for softpad usage.

Honestly if you had this issue 10 years ago then the obvious answer would be to buy a CobaltFlux pad but they have been out of business for years. Damn, most of us here started playing DDR shortly after you were born =/

Reflectivity
Standard
Standard

Post by Reflectivity » Fri May 30, 2014 7:16 am

Merk wrote:How important are scores? If you do not give a darn about scores then a DDRGame pad will suffice. If you want to play for keepsies then a Radioshack converter and MonMotha's pads will be the way to go for softpad usage.

Honestly if you had this issue 10 years ago then the obvious answer would be to buy a CobaltFlux pad but they have been out of business for years. Damn, most of us here started playing DDR shortly after you were born =/
Yeah. It's a shame I was born ten years late xD
I have a mini DDR community at my school (about 5 people) so I want to play for scores. It doesn't have to be PERFECT (since my local machine is shit, as I've mentioned before.) It should be relatively accurate though.

As I post this I'm trying to track down a PS2 > USB converter. I found this, is this what you were talking about? The Source is the Canadian RadioShack if I remember correctly.
http://www.thesource.ca/estore/product. ... ct=8014380

Merk

Post by Merk » Fri May 30, 2014 7:38 am

Ohhhhhhh we meant a PS2 -> USB adapter as in a Playstation2 -> USB adapter. I can definitely see how one can mistake that for a parallel port or "PS/2" -> USB adapter since that's all that comes in Google it seems.

It would look something like this:

The quality of these adapters varies wildly and Radioshack back in the day made the best ones. I'm not sure if they still make them but I seem to recall that people had a hard time finding these when they were trying to do essentially the same thing that you're doing right now.

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Fri May 30, 2014 3:07 pm

Radio Shack hasn't sold these things in at least 5 years. You'd be looking at the secondary market exclusively. As I recall, the EMSUSB also works well enough. I don't think they're in production anymore, either.

Other adapters work sometimes, but lag varies. Many of them also map the arrow buttons (which show up to the playstation as the D-pad) to a joystick which breaks left-right and up-down jumps, so you have to find one that maps it as buttons or a HID D-Pad.
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.
If you find this funny, you're a nerd.
If neither of the above apply, you are normal. Congratulations.

Reflectivity
Standard
Standard

Post by Reflectivity » Fri May 30, 2014 6:54 pm

MonMotha wrote:Radio Shack hasn't sold these things in at least 5 years. You'd be looking at the secondary market exclusively. As I recall, the EMSUSB also works well enough. I don't think they're in production anymore, either.

Other adapters work sometimes, but lag varies. Many of them also map the arrow buttons (which show up to the playstation as the D-pad) to a joystick which breaks left-right and up-down jumps, so you have to find one that maps it as buttons or a HID D-Pad.
Gah. This is ridiculous. -.-
Nothing at all? I've tried googling but honestly I can not find anything to save my life. ;~;

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:40 am

Reflectivity wrote:
MonMotha wrote:Radio Shack hasn't sold these things in at least 5 years. You'd be looking at the secondary market exclusively. As I recall, the EMSUSB also works well enough. I don't think they're in production anymore, either.

Gah. This is ridiculous. -.-
Nothing at all? I've tried googling but honestly I can not find anything to save my life. ;~;
http://www.stepmania.com/forums/input-a ... ntrollers/
http://zenius-i-vanisher.com/v5.2/forums.php

You might have better luck searching some of these forums.