Latitude 360

Discussion of arcades and other gaming locations with music/rhythm games

Moderator: Moderators

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Re: Latitude 360

Post by MonMotha » Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:38 pm

I'm amused that their stock doesn't even qualify as a penny stock.

The ticker ends in 'X'. Have they declared bankruptcy or is it just because they're going to be de-listed? Most exchanges require you to be at least above a penny, the major ones require a dollar. A 100:1 reverse split wouldn't even bring them above a dollar.
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.
If you find this funny, you're a nerd.
If neither of the above apply, you are normal. Congratulations.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:45 am

http://www.indystar.com/story/money/201 ... 69fa714cb5

Please observe 360 minutes of silence for our fallen arcade.

Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland

Post by Merk » Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:51 am

Shoulda paid their ASCAP fees!

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:54 am

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:09 pm

Apparently they agreed to leave everything behind as part of the settlement. I wonder if another operator will open it up as a similar venue.
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:51 pm

That might work out for someone with the buildout and setup costs all out of the way. Might be able to run the place without the looming specter of the crushing debt required to put it together hanging over the new operator's head.

Of course, that doesn't solve the problems of
a) shitty location
b) nothing there is unique or something you can't do somewhere else
c) nothing there is done any better than the other places you can do those things

b and c might be able to be solved by a new operator, but then the crushing debt might come back into play.

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:51 pm

I think part of what Latitude suffered from was that it was a Jack of all trades, master of none. They had everything: bowling, restaurant, arcade, bar, theater, live music stage, party rooms, and probably some other stuff I don't even know about. None of it was particularly good, and certainly nothing was outstanding in its class. Anybody re-opening it might do well to pare down the offerings somewhat and try to improve what's left.

Sadly, I suspect that means the arcade would get the heave-ho.
A normality test:
+++ATH

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Near some arcade place that has the same initials as Drum and Bass

Post by Amp Divorax » Thu Jan 07, 2016 7:46 pm

MonMotha wrote:I think part of what Latitude suffered from was that it was a Jack of all trades, master of none. They had everything: bowling, restaurant, arcade, bar, theater, live music stage, party rooms, and probably some other stuff I don't even know about. None of it was particularly good, and certainly nothing was outstanding in its class. Anybody re-opening it might do well to pare down the offerings somewhat and try to improve what's left.

Sadly, I suspect that means the arcade would get the heave-ho.
This is sadly true. Arcades don't make money anymore as a primary draw in most of North America. Enjoyed that sweet Infinity cabinet and I'm sad to see that it will probably be gone if somebody else takes over that building.
Memorable 2016 quotes:
Ho wrote:You can break arcade games and I will fix YOU!

Diamondback1996
Standard
Standard

Post by Diamondback1996 » Fri Jan 08, 2016 3:08 am

I don't see why the arcade has to go. What was that 2nd floor space even for? Probably got a lot less foot traffic than the arcade. And the theater was probably dead all the time.

I wouldn't be surprised if Round1 buys it. I also wouldn't be surprised if they don't.

This sucks though, now I can only play Pump at Tilt. The Exceed is decent (minus issues with the audio going in and out, and also low volume) but the NX is terrible.

As for 4-panel, the only machine I know of is the ITG2 at Laser Flash. They plan on moving to Fishers though, so it will be unavailable for at least the time it takes to move. It could disappear forever.

Diamondback1996
Standard
Standard

Post by Diamondback1996 » Fri Jan 08, 2016 3:35 am

Did any of you delete the Latitude 360 entry on ZIv? If not then they might have deleted it themselves. They already deleted their Facebook page. They didn't even leave it up to tell people "oh hey we're closed forever." It's like they want us to forget it ever existed.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:02 am

I killed the Ziv entry.

Nigel1990
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Nigel1990 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:51 am

I will mention that I have only gone there once in the past four months... :arrow:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
galaxy j5 case casesam
Last edited by Nigel1990 on Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Merk

Post by Merk » Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:52 am

This bot is awesome. They basically copy and paste an old post and add a little emoji. Which post will they copy next, WHO KNOWS?!!?!?

Diamondback1996
Standard
Standard

Post by Diamondback1996 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:30 am

Seems like the Pittsburgh one will close soon.

Wonder what happened to the Pump Infinity at the one here. Is it still there? Probably.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:24 am

I didn't realize that their home location in Jacksonville, FL had already closed. It looks like it closed at the same time as ours here in Indy.

But seriously...

Holy shit! What the hell is up with these people?!

I wanted to believe that the organization is just fantastically inept at business, got in over the heads, and ultimately watched the whole thing fall out from under them over the course of 4-5 years. But with so many unpaid debts at all of their locations, I can't really believe that they were just stupid. Instead, this all feels really fraudy.

I feel bad for all their regular employees who are not only out of a job, but apparently many of their final paychecks either bounced or were withheld. They're also having trouble getting unemployment benefits because the company did not properly report their employment and, as a result, has not paid into the unemployment insurance that would fund those payments.

This whole thing really is a shit show.