Sultan's Castle (Muncie)

Discussion of arcades and other gaming locations with music/rhythm games

Moderator: Moderators

Mr. Worm
Standard
Standard

Sultan's Castle (Muncie)

Post by Mr. Worm » Sat Mar 19, 2005 5:06 pm

I went to Sultan's Castle to play earlier today. I took this time to scout out when my crew from Indy comes up to visit.

It's an Extreme machine.
Pros: The screen is in excellent conditon, and the pads are in fairly good condition. It costs $1.00 in tokens to play one round, but the second player plays free, so it's $0.50 for both. You get to play 4 songs. Drew (the guy working) was also very friendly and not a bad dancer at all.
Cons: The sound is very low. There were also a few "Gothic" people who were moping in the corner, but the ones that didn't play didn't do anything but sit there.

All in all, it's not too bad.
Has anyone played here before?

Mr. Worm
Standard
Standard

Post by Mr. Worm » Sat Mar 19, 2005 11:41 pm

We now have photo and video evidence of the greatest of the arcade.

http://www.bsu.edu/web/smmaher/ddradventure.html

fpd
Standard
Standard

Post by fpd » Sun Mar 20, 2005 12:10 am

Maher's a freaking nerd.
You guys suck so much ass.
NO ONE PLAYED WHEN I WAS THERE! YOU FAGGITS!!!1

(ps, I'm listening to this Korean group called GOD, they're good, you should listen sometime)

oh yeah, and i've played there b4 WITHOUIT YOU GUYS
The guys who work there are pretty cool. There's one cool goth kid, and the rest of the little kids suck ass. But mostly, the people who are there all the time are pretty cool. You'll know the cool goth kid, cause he's not raelly all that goth.

and WHEN DID YOU GUYS GET A DAMN VIDEO CAMERA!?
we would've had so much fun with that damnit!
YAGUCHI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

John783
Beginner
Beginner

Post by John783 » Wed Apr 06, 2005 8:28 pm

Hey, are you guys BSU or Academy students? I live in Hartford City (about 16 miles north of Muncie) and I goto Sultan's Castle every now and then. I used to go all the time but gas is a biotch, and well, like you already said goths standing around doing nothing kinda freaks me out.

If you happened to look at the high scores on the machine, most of them are mine just because almost no one that plays there actually tries to PA.

The volume on the machine is low during the day cause I guess Gamestop has their office on the other side of the wall and they bitch about the machine being "loud". After 4 PM though, just ask whoever is working and they'll turn it up.

Come check out http://www.muncieddr.com/forums sometime. It's been pretty slow recently, but I'm hoping it'll start growing again when summer rolls around.
Hmm...what goes here again?

fpd
Standard
Standard

Post by fpd » Thu Apr 07, 2005 12:45 pm

YEah, I haven't been to those forums since I left the Academy, there's some cool people on it though.
I had the same name over there.
And btw, my pop4 score better not still be there, cause it blew ass.

John783
Beginner
Beginner

Post by John783 » Thu Apr 07, 2005 1:14 pm

Nah, Amp has the #1 spot right now, and I'm trying to take it back. I got 34 greats on it earlier today but got a freakin boo not even 15 steps before the end, so my score was ruined.

Oh and yeah, the pads are still in pretty good shape, I managed to AA Max300 doubles today for the first time!

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Near some arcade place that has the same initials as Drum and Bass

Post by Amp Divorax » Sun Apr 17, 2005 6:15 am

That record was 30 greats and I should have done better. I have gotten 11 greats on my codebreaker modded version and in the Recreation Station in Jacksonville, North Carolina back when I was on back last month.

I wish I could have tried for a SDG on that course, but alas since I'm sorta in the Middle East right now that won't happen! Overall FPD covered the arcade info in depth so I don't need to mention much of anything. I will try to start playing again when I get back, but most likely it will take some time to get used to it again.

CaseyDidder
Administrative Discipline

Post by CaseyDidder » Sun Apr 17, 2005 6:46 am

honestly who cares, theres nobody half way decent in Muncie besides Jizzon, so why do you guys keep playing? NOBODY there has improved, and what was even funnier was that unibrowed fag who cried after I made fun of him infront of like 30 people. Whoever he was, he was a total idiot for trying to call out me and joe.q

Jensito
Light
Light

o.o

Post by Jensito » Sun Apr 17, 2005 11:40 am

Bullshit no one has improved >.> I have. Dammit two months ago I was on standard, 4 months ago I was on beginner. Now my ass is A'in Sakura. Don't gimme that shit. Besides, theres a guy named Gary who is really pretty good. Once we get our king back though, currently in Iraq, he will take the throne again. Some of us Muncie players ARE pretty good considering we haven't even had our machine a year yet...meh...>.> Nice lil ramble. Anyways..I PLAY THERE! ME ME ME!
o.O DDR freak..meh..uhm..nothin else special. I can make sites and games...meh. Aren't I boring?

TaQa
Standard
Standard

Re: o.o

Post by TaQa » Sun Apr 17, 2005 5:17 pm

Jensito wrote:Bullshit no one has improved >.> I have. Dammit two months ago I was on standard, 4 months ago I was on beginner. Now my ass is A'in Sakura. Don't gimme that shit. Besides, theres a guy named Gary who is really pretty good. Once we get our king back though, currently in Iraq, he will take the throne again. Some of us Muncie players ARE pretty good considering we haven't even had our machine a year yet...meh...>.> Nice lil ramble. Anyways..I PLAY THERE! ME ME ME!
I have a weird feeling Casey might have a field day with this on his next post :-P

LiLTT
Standard
Standard

Post by LiLTT » Sun Apr 17, 2005 5:31 pm

TaQa wrote:
Jensito wrote:Bullshit no one has improved >.> I have. Dammit two months ago I was on standard, 4 months ago I was on beginner. Now my ass is A'in Sakura. Don't gimme that shit. Besides, theres a guy named Gary who is really pretty good. Once we get our king back though, currently in Iraq, he will take the throne again. Some of us Muncie players ARE pretty good considering we haven't even had our machine a year yet...meh...>.> Nice lil ramble. Anyways..I PLAY THERE! ME ME ME!
I have a weird feeling Casey might have a field day with this on his next post :-P
me too

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Amp Divorax » Sun Apr 17, 2005 7:11 pm

Bah, he's missed the point of playing this game in the first place in the arcade. The game should not be play for ego, it should be played for fun.
Memorable 2016 quotes:
Ho wrote:You can break arcade games and I will fix YOU!

fpd
Standard
Standard

Post by fpd » Sun Apr 17, 2005 8:33 pm

LiLTT wrote:
TaQa wrote:
me too
Totally thirded lol.

I love how he's on "Administrative discipline" though lol. Such great titles.

and yeah, whoever the kid was who tried calling him and joe out, lol, bad idea.

*edit*
and about pop4.
I got something like 13 greats on it in whiteland and I'm not even number five lol. had like 180something perf though, so that kinda killed it hardcore.

John783
Beginner
Beginner

Post by John783 » Sat Apr 23, 2005 9:03 pm

I've inproved a little bit, but who's really keeping track anyway. I AAed Max300 doubles last week with 34 greats. Yeah, if it's that big of a deal that Muncie isn't as good as say Indy or Bloomington, well then I guess we'll just have to get better. However, I also don't base my ego on a video game, I stopped doing that when I was like 11.

Oh, and I don't think that individual was calling you out (although attacking your ego is way too easy), I just think he wanted you to quit bitchin!

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Amp Divorax » Sat Apr 23, 2005 9:39 pm

I don’t want to know what would happen if Casey suffered an injury that wouldn't allow him to play anymore.

Seriously though, getting obsessive about and judging self worth from a video game? This is good in doses, but there's MUCH more to life.
Memorable 2016 quotes:
Ho wrote:You can break arcade games and I will fix YOU!