Worst PIU/DDR Injury?

Moderator: Moderators

mexican ninja
Heavy
Heavy

Post by mexican ninja » Tue May 09, 2006 9:25 pm

TaQa wrote:I got shot in the arm by a mexican once.

It was weird.
Are you going to hold that against me forever?

:cry:

Anyways, I'm injury free. I just played dancing game, I didn't try to make myself look like more of a fool by actually dancing.

Although I got some wicked hand cramps when Beatmania was new.

WhiteDragon
Heavy
Heavy

Post by WhiteDragon » Tue May 09, 2006 10:26 pm

My knees are a little sore after tonight, especially my left knee. For some reason, my left knee seems to bruise easier than my right knee. Either that, or I seem to land with force on my left knee, which makes sense, seeing as my left leg is slightly longer than my right leg...
Original Sin wrote:Besides, this is IndyDDR...honestly. What do you expect?

blackcat
Heavy
Heavy

Post by blackcat » Thu May 11, 2006 8:45 pm

Just recently I fell off the DDR machine during the middle of a song on my last stage...what was funny was that my main concern was passing the song. I ended up being alright...my ankle was a little sore, but nothing I couldn't handle. lol.

...maybe it was the new pair of tennis shoes I bought...keke.

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Post by lgolem » Sun May 14, 2006 1:01 am

Twisted my ankle and cut my foot in one off jump today on Another Truth on hard...lol....it kinda hurts.....

BakaOrochi
Korean!
Korean!

Post by BakaOrochi » Sun May 14, 2006 4:55 am

If you don't stretch properly before playing CHung Hwa Ban Jeom on NM, you'll get a nice groin injury that you'll feel for the next few days.

It really sucks.

Harleigh RVNG
Standard
Standard

Post by Harleigh RVNG » Wed May 17, 2006 11:46 am

I usually go with a few toe touch stetches before play, lol, that doesn't usually work for most of the songs I play. Lately all I have been playing are songs I can freestyle. I can do a fw more nightmares now... this doesn't have anything to do with injuries.... um.... well, i have bruised my leg and now it is hard for me to even walk right now, I still play PIU though!
I press UR, UL, DL, DR, UR.... it's a spin...

Arka
Standard
Standard

Post by Arka » Thu May 18, 2006 6:37 pm

Most of my injuries have been pride-related, which is interesting given that I've done so many things which really should have injured me.

I did have some bruising of the posterior when I was first learning to play Greenhorn in stiletto heels.

I've gone flying off a DDR machine several times (this usually happens when I've just gotten new shoes and don't know all the places they're going to catch on yet), but been miraculously uninjured.

I nearly broke my own kneecaps once coming to an unexpected stop during R3 Heavy Doubles - I'm not quite sure what exactly I did to them, but they made this unpleasant cracking noise and were essentially immobile for several days. A little kid had wandered onto the right side of the machine while I was on the left, and I nearly smooshed him when I went to cross over! :shock: As it was, I failed the song. Then I chastised him ungraciously. Then his father and I argued for a while about whose responsibility it was to keep his kid from getting injured in the arcade. (Hint: I didn't think it was mine.)

If his father had started a fistfight with me, would that have counted as a DDR injury? :D

Either way, I'd have nothing on the girl who had the heart attack.

Harleigh RVNG
Standard
Standard

Post by Harleigh RVNG » Fri May 19, 2006 6:40 am

Recently I ripped my pants at each knee and know they are practically ruined. They are now acually easier to move around in and now I can air out my legs without taking my pants off!!!

WhiteDragon
Heavy
Heavy

Post by WhiteDragon » Fri May 19, 2006 7:53 am

Tears at the knees are nothing to worry about. It the tears at the crotch you have to look out for. I've torn one pair of pants from the top of the zipper all the way to the right knee, and another from the front of the right leg arround and under to the back of the crotch. The second time I did it midway through the first song of the set, so I ended up playing through the rest of it with torn pants.

I must agree though, that the added airflow is quite nice...
Original Sin wrote:Besides, this is IndyDDR...honestly. What do you expect?

Pheonixguy
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Pheonixguy » Sat May 20, 2006 8:18 am

Ive fell off a couple of times... but ive never been hurt, but then i dont play much, if any, PIU or ITG.

Harleigh RVNG
Standard
Standard

Post by Harleigh RVNG » Tue May 23, 2006 6:35 am

I ripped the in between part of the pants I wear to school one time... I just didn't notice it untill I went to school the next day...

Pheonixguy
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Pheonixguy » Tue May 23, 2006 7:07 pm

I bet that was fun! [/sarcasm]

Harleigh RVNG
Standard
Standard

Post by Harleigh RVNG » Tue May 30, 2006 1:52 pm

Oh hell yea, everyone loves the way (song time...) my balls hang low, how they wobble to the flo', I can tie them in a knot.... its would probably hurt to tie them in a bow... O.o

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Post by lgolem » Wed Jun 14, 2006 11:38 pm

yesterday, I was playing Pump for X-box, playing Csikos' Post on hard, a 6. And sense I am not to good at anything higher than a 5, I was playing it, doing well got my feet mixed, triped myself fell backwards and slammed my head against the wall. -_-

Pheonixguy
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Pheonixguy » Thu Jun 15, 2006 11:00 am

Yeah, now that i play pump i jam my hand into the mat every once in awhile... (really hard)