My quest for an ASC

beatmania, beatmaniaIIDX, beatmania III

Moderator: Moderators

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

My quest for an ASC

Post by lgolem » Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:17 pm

so I have been stiring around in my noodle for a while on where to get an ASC, I was going to settle for DA even though it took 3 months for my Pop'n controller to show up painted the wrong color and microswitches missing, thought about DJ Dao but long wait and EXPENSIVE. A while back someone sent a link to an ebay auction to Beatmania 3 parts, I went on ahead and ordered them thinking I would make my own ASC. I put that off to the side and decided against it. Well for some odd reason DA refuses to respond to my e-mail so I said fuck it, I will make my own controller.

I figured I would post about my (not so glorious) quest to make my own ASC. I gathered up what I have: A Beatmania III turn table, 7 Sanwa Keys, 2 buttons what were start buttons, and a shit ton of Omrons. Went to Lowes, picked up a Dremel, and supplies.

I cleaned up the buttons!

I cut plexiglass and mounted the turntbale today.

Then my Dremel's battery died right as I started the key plate

That is all I have so far, I have high hopes for this controller and I hope all this works out well :)

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Post by danc1005 » Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:38 pm

I first read the thread title as "My quest for an ASS"
Saw the author and thought the title was pretty appropriate.

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Post by lgolem » Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:46 pm

danc1005 wrote:I first read the thread title as "My quest for an ASS"
Saw the author and thought the title was pretty appropriate.
Bite me....

Anyways

1 down, 6 to go (which will go faster now that I know how to do it ^_^)

Izco
Standard
Standard

Post by Izco » Sat Mar 22, 2008 2:02 pm

sounds like a fun project, WELL, 2 days Dj dao finally shipped out a bunch of his controllers, the only thing he didn't ship were parts requiring sanwa buttons, like mine. So he should ship the rest in about 2 weeks.. hopefully ill get mine by summer! You should hook a brotha up with some spare parts :)