ACEN?

Announcement and discussion of music/rhythm game events and tournaments

Moderator: Moderators

Aoi-chan
Light
Light

Re: ACEN?

Post by Aoi-chan » Tue May 06, 2008 10:08 pm

With Acen only a couple weeks away, who here is planning on going? I was hoping to meet some of you if you happen to be there.

I know my reply is a bit late, but to answer some of the questions in this thread from a former Acen staffer:

1. This con is very family friendly. The IRT group (security for the con) is very well trained and does an excellent job.
2. There are tons of panels and events for all ages and any 18 plus events require a photo ID to even enter the event.
3. Dances are popular and the most "risky" stuff does go on during these events. Younger kids are not supposed to go to these events, as they are scheduled later at night. Teens and above are the prime crowd.
4. Yes, some cosplays are a bit scary (as seen by the pics), others are very well done. And of course you will have the sexy cosplay as well, but honestly nothing worse than you'd see on a bill board or in a magazine. The best cosplays are saved for Saturday night's main event, the Masquerade. Bring your camera!
5. Drugs, alcohal and other activities do happen, but that's the case at almost every event with teens and college kids when they reach into the thousands. But these activities and especially any illegal ones are kept under control very well at this event. Just keep an eye on your kids and you'll be more than fine.
6. The dealer's room is huge and figures like the one pictured above will be present, but honestly, with so much to see and buy in the dealer's room, this is almost a non-issue in my opinion. Dealers also card for certain purchases such as weapons and hentai.

malictus
Heavy
Heavy

Post by malictus » Wed May 07, 2008 4:04 pm

Thanks for the info; that's good to know.

I'll be there with not one but TWO teenagers in tow :shock:

Aoi-chan
Light
Light

Post by Aoi-chan » Mon May 12, 2008 10:38 pm

Is anyone here going to Acen? Thought I'd ask one last time since we are just days away. It would be cool to meet some of you.

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Near some arcade place that has the same initials as Drum and Bass

Post by Amp Divorax » Mon May 12, 2008 10:52 pm

I know that WhiteDragon and Ho are going. I was considering it, but due to how cost prohibitive it would have been I opted not to. (Damn shame too as I wanted to see DJ Chucky and No Chin live.)
Memorable 2016 quotes:
Ho wrote:You can break arcade games and I will fix YOU!

WhiteDragon
Heavy
Heavy

Post by WhiteDragon » Mon May 12, 2008 10:52 pm

I'm heading up with Ho Thursday night.
Original Sin wrote:Besides, this is IndyDDR...honestly. What do you expect?

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Tue May 13, 2008 6:10 am

I'm providing a couple games for the game room, so I'll be there. Definitely look me up...I'd like to meet you.

Aoi-chan
Light
Light

Post by Aoi-chan » Tue May 13, 2008 8:11 pm

Sounds great everyone. Looking forward to meeting you. Which games are you bringing Ho?

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Tue May 13, 2008 9:47 pm

Pump It Up NX2
pop'n music 14

Aoi-chan
Light
Light

Post by Aoi-chan » Tue May 13, 2008 9:56 pm

Ho wrote:Pump It Up NX2
pop'n music 14
And you have all of these in your basement?!? Do you have pics of this marvelous place by chance? I'd love to see the Ho Arcade sometime.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Wed May 14, 2008 12:17 am

Aoi-chan wrote:
pop'n music 14
And you have all of these in your basement?!? Do you have pics of this marvelous place by chance? I'd love to see the Ho Arcade sometime.

ImuyumI
That guy in Kentucky that posts in an Indiana forum
That guy in Kentucky that posts in an Indiana forum

Post by ImuyumI » Wed May 14, 2008 5:17 am

Fluffyumpkins wrote:
Aoi-chan wrote:
pop'n music 14
Huh. You think the lighting would be better.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Wed May 14, 2008 9:35 am

Aoi-chan wrote:And you have all of these in your basement?!? Do you have pics of this marvelous place by chance? I'd love to see the Ho Arcade sometime.
The lineup of games and the layout in the basement seems to keep changing. I keep meaning to take pictures, but I seem to not be getting around to it. However, Jizzon took some pictures before my birthday party this past February. He arrived early and I hadn't turned everything on yet.
Image Image Image Image

Since then, ParaPara went away (it had actually been sold for a year, but the buyer didn't have a place for it until recently). In its place are two more seats of Daytona and a Midway SportStation (NBA on NBC/NFL Blitz combo).

Image Image

The second Daytona Twin still needs some work. They're mostly playable, but each has problems ranging from "that's kind of annoying" to "well, I guess I'm going to lose this race." I also do have the marquee box for the second Twin. I just hadn't set it up yet when those pictures were taken.

pop'n music actually hasn't been to the basement yet. I just got it last week. I figured since I was taking it to ACen, it didn't make any sense to drag it down to the basement just to drag it back up in about a week's time. So it's just hanging out in the garage for now.

(I've torn the rest of the shipping plastic off since this picture was taken.
Fluffyumpkins wrote:Image
That's the back room for the ITG players. Don't get your panties in a bunch...that's a joke, kids.

Aoi-chan
Light
Light

Post by Aoi-chan » Wed May 14, 2008 9:25 pm

All I have to say is "WOW"! That's quite the collection and makes for quite the B-day party. I can see the Indy DDR/Dance community is very much alive and well. That's great to see.

And if you need help fixing up the Daytona (or any other games) let me know. I've worked on quite a variety of games over the years. See you this weekend, only 2 days till Acen!

YeehawMcKickass
Standard
Standard

Post by YeehawMcKickass » Wed May 14, 2008 10:07 pm

Man, this is going to be epic.

ShammerS
Standard
Standard

Post by ShammerS » Thu May 15, 2008 3:29 pm

I'll be 'dar.