Post items you have for sale or are looking to buy
**Read the rules announcement in this forum before participating**

Moderator: Moderators

RyogAkari
Standard
Standard

The "I'm going to be a dad!" sale

Post by RyogAkari » Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:02 pm

All items are now being listed on ebay! PS2 and Super Famicom games are up now, MVS carts will be up tomorrow. All auctions start at 99 cents so get in while the getting's good.

My Ebay Items Sale Page
Last edited by RyogAkari on Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:14 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland

Re: The "I'm going to be a dad!" sale

Post by Merk » Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:15 am

What do Pop'n Ransai's usually go for these days?

RyogAkari
Standard
Standard

Post by RyogAkari » Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:07 pm

lots of prices depending on if they have lights in them or not but they usually settle around $230-250 ish and thats not before shipping.

I'll be in indianapolis next weekend though so if you would like to buy this ransai and I dont have to ship it I will lower the price to an outright $200.

Merk

Post by Merk » Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:16 pm

I'm tempted. Honestly tempted.

The only thing that's really holding me back is the fact that Pop'n is so unbelievably loud and I don't want to upset my neighbors. It's a con of the apartment life, you see. Case in point, one of IndyDDR's very own LGolem's relatives who had gotten fed up with LGolem's constant smashing of the Ransai exclaimed "TURN OFF THAT FUCKING CHINESE RAINBOW GAME!!" during a rather intense Pop'n moment. The last thing I need is an eviction notice and a couple of angry neighbors.

RyogAkari
Standard
Standard

Post by RyogAkari » Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:27 pm

ha ha, I remember that! Atleast the chinese rainbow part.

Ive heard of quiet mods you can do on the ransai that decreases the noise significantly. Let me see if I can find that info again and I'll post back. I never had a reason to do it but it sounds like just the thing for you.

RyogAkari
Standard
Standard

Post by RyogAkari » Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:32 pm

http://www.bemanistyle.com/forum/f9/how ... res-38566/

there we go. People rate the noise reduction as more than 50% without loosing any sensitivity.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:31 pm

(mostly unrelated) story time:

Long ago I was playing DDR 2nd Mix on my Dreamcast (that should date just how long ago this was). I had the volume up pretty loud...loud enough that I barely heard the knock on my door. I answered the door and was greeted thusly, "Hello, I'm [can't remember his name], president of the neighborhood association." My heart sank...

He then went on to tell me that they were going to be installing lights around the trees behind my house and that I might see a trencher installing the electrical run between my house and the neighbor's. In other words, his visit had nothing to do with me being loud. WHEW! My heart rate returned to normal...well, except for me trying to pass Dynamite Rave on Maniac (or whatever the heck I had been doing when he arrived). :P

After he left, I turned the volume back up and went outside the house to see how much sound bleed there actually was. As it turned out, I could only just barely hear the bass from the sidewalk if I listened really carefully.

Merk

Post by Merk » Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:08 pm

Holy crap so that was like ten or eleven years ago? That's awesome, that's around the time I first heard about DDR. Was that in the house you still have today?

Anyway, I've always had a problem with music games and pissing off other people because of how loud they are. When Riot, Chad, and I lived in a house in Bloomington I felt sorry for Riot, who lived below me, because I play that Beet game very loudly and you can hear it almost as clear as day in his room. I had to adjust when I'd play too; I'd like to play before going to bed and Riot liked to go to bed fairly early for an undergrad.

I don't think my neighbors have had too much of a problem these last few weeks, but Pop'n is a whole other bag compared to Beet.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:25 pm

Merk wrote:Holy crap so that was like ten or eleven years ago? That's awesome, that's around the time I first heard about DDR. Was that in the house you still have today?
That would have been 2001...about 9 years ago. DDR only hit the states in 2000, so 11 years would be possible but WAY early. And no, that was in a different house...about 4 blocks away from where I live now.

RyogAkari
Standard
Standard

Post by RyogAkari » Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:28 pm

sending you a PM Merk

Merk

Post by Merk » Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:39 pm

PM replied!

Whoa now, four blocks? Since when have sub-divisions had blocks? Ho ho ho, just giving you a hard time bro.

Anyway, didn't the Dreamcast have no region encoding or some crap? Couldn't you feasibly import a game and just play it?

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:22 pm

Merk wrote: Anyway, I've always had a problem with music games and pissing off other people because of how loud they are. When Riot, Chad, and I lived in a house in Bloomington I felt sorry for Riot, who lived below me, because I play that Beet game very loudly and you can hear it almost as clear as day in his room. I had to adjust when I'd play too; I'd like to play before going to bed and Riot liked to go to bed fairly early for an undergrad.
taptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptap Let's Tap! Future Tapping taptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptap

I went to bed at like 2 a.m. too in those days, that's not early!

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Post by lgolem » Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:59 pm

Kinda interested in Seiken Densetsu 3 and Final Fantasy V just for the sake of having them..............
Merk wrote: Case in point, one of IndyDDR's very own LGolem's relatives who had gotten fed up with LGolem's constant smashing of the Ransai exclaimed "TURN OFF THAT FUCKING CHINESE RAINBOW GAME!!" during a rather intense Pop'n moment.
It was intense, it was 1am on a thursday, and I was still living with my parents.
Merk wrote:I'm tempted. Honestly tempted.
Do it, after the amount of times I played it at my apartment I never got in trouble, just don't play it to late at night :P

RyogAkari
Standard
Standard

Post by RyogAkari » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:34 am

They are both complete and in good condition. If I can drop them off with someone in Indianapolis next weekend or if I will be able to see you I'll take $5 off each game at my desired price to account for shipping which would come out to $30 each or $60 total. (which by looking at ebay prices that should be an absolute steal)

Let me know soon though because I have someone interested in Seiken Densetsu 3 elsewhere. I'll give you preference since you would be buying two items if you both say you want it next time I check online. I happen to have a picture up of Seiken Densetsu 3 that I took for them. Here you go:

EDIT: See full picture here: http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2775/436 ... 241a_b.jpg

RyogAkari
Standard
Standard

Post by RyogAkari » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:47 am

My first round of Ebay items will be ending in about a half a day. Some great steals on there still! Be sure to check them out before the clock ticks down to 0.