Yay

beatmania, beatmaniaIIDX, beatmania III

Moderator: Moderators

Pokebis
Standard
Standard

Re: Yay

Post by Pokebis » Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:06 pm

That's how all my teachers do it. Especially when I write skeptic philosophies when the teachers clearly represent the other side of arguments. It's funny.

Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland

Post by Merk » Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:01 pm

I hate posting chatlogs but this is relevant to this thread:

(11:52:05 PM) DJ IZCO: danadam was messaging me like crazy cause u said he was annoying on indyddr... i thought it was hilarious
(11:52:14 PM) DJ IZCO: he didnt care but he had no idea how u knew who he was
(11:52:24 PM) Maershnitz: omfg
(11:52:28 PM) DJ IZCO: LLLLLLLLL
(11:52:35 PM) Maershnitz: Why the fuck does he read indyddr?
(11:52:40 PM) DJ IZCO: I HAVE NO IDEA
(11:52:41 PM) DJ IZCO: oh
(11:52:43 PM) Maershnitz: hahahaha
(11:52:45 PM) DJ IZCO: someone he knows told hima bout it
(11:52:48 PM) DJ IZCO: and then he went to see it
(11:52:54 PM) Maershnitz: Oh C.T. Guzman
(11:52:57 PM) Maershnitz: A bro in Chicago
(11:52:58 PM) DJ IZCO: he messages me like "who the fuck is this random person"
(11:53:02 PM) Maershnitz: lolololo
(11:53:03 PM) DJ IZCO: im like.. hes cool
(11:53:05 PM) DJ IZCO: get over it
(11:53:13 PM) Maershnitz: oh my god that's awesome
(11:53:14 PM) DJ IZCO: its hilarious cause he knows hes annoying as fuk
(11:53:23 PM) DJ IZCO: lawllll\

Merk

Post by Merk » Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:31 pm

Anyway, how are you doing in Beet these days, Pokebis?

Pokebis
Standard
Standard

Post by Pokebis » Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:30 pm

Can almost-pass some 10s. Usually get around the 76-78% by scratches and chords right at the end of songs. I can pinky now, but there's still a lot that can overwhelm me with scratches.
9s are pretty regular now, 8s are normal, and 7s have been demoted to easy mode. I remember when those things used to be hard!
Kind of stuck in skill-level stasis again, though. And I've been trying to juggle other games and IRL with it so I haven't been playing everyday anymore and when I do it's for shorter periods of time.

Merk

Post by Merk » Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:57 am

Dang, that's pretty good actually, that's the equivalent of being able to pass 7* songs back in the day. It took me forever before I got to that level so good on you for progressing. How long have you been playing again?

You should take your game to the next level and start posting scores on Solid State Squad and use the rival data that comes with the CS releases. It really does help you have a target score for each song and pushes you to do better.

Pokebis
Standard
Standard

Post by Pokebis » Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:35 pm

CS is too much of a pain for me to play, but when I get around to it I should be better off since I'm used to tighter timing!
And by 10s I meant ones that seem (easy to me) like Little Little Princess (I got 78% a couple times and that pisses me off to all extremes). There are still some 9s I play for a couple seconds go NOPE and cancel out of the song. And I'm a little irritated I still can't pass some of the normal 8s like Stoic (it's a fun song for me too, just can't pull off the pass).
I guess I'll try more CS in the future, but a lot of my scores disappear because I play on free mode and since auto-save only saves when I leave the menu I lose save data a lot due to some songs never loading (I can't cancel out until the song starts D:)

Another thing to note is I think I have extra trouble with scratches because the flare on the scratch track lasts longer than it should in LR2 when I use the controller. I think that is because it needs it to detect charge-spins in Sirius and Resort Anthem charts, but I think it might throw off my timing a lot. Or I just suck at scratches. Probably both contributing factors. I fail every heavy-scratch chart even if the chart is almost completely scratches.

I also think my timing is just bad in general because I get a lot of greats in DDR for no reason when I shouldn't be getting greats and the same applies here where I rarely see AAs and have seen like 3 AAAs ever or something...
I'm embarrassed by non-FCs for some reason which I think is because I played osu! too much where I'd literally restart a song every time my combo broke since it records your stats on your profile. And I like to play DJ Max on my PSP where I can FC almost everything because the timing window is so big and the charts are easy-peasy.

EDIT: Just tried what I now dub as "Bedmania" again. I can indeed scratch better on CS, but I cannot play well at all since the bed bounces around too much and I lose the controller. It makes it really hard to do fast streams and such. I tried playing on my lap and actually did better, but I need a surface to play this. And a bigger screen. I'm serious this thing is too small to even display the entire screen so I can't tell what the BPM of the song is. :-/

Merk

Post by Merk » Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:42 am

I see! Don't worry about Full Combos at all in this game. They're nice to have but they really don't mean anything besides bragging rights; the only thing that matters in the end is your EX score. Hell, I'm pretty sure some songs like Mei [a] aren't even possible for a human to FC on random without some ridiculous luck and you'd have to be really friggen good to do it on mirror or the regular chart.

You'll find the perfect Beet set-up eventually. A little card table and a little TV are perfect for me but do whatever works for you.

Keep on Beetin', work on hammering out those 9s and scoring well on the 8s.

Pokebis
Standard
Standard

Post by Pokebis » Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:31 am

I tried the game out recently to see where my skill level still is and it's seemed to have deteriorated a little bit from the release of Skyrim.

Merk

Post by Merk » Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:50 pm

Yeah it's really frustrating for me to see my high scores from back in my prime and now not even coming close to reaching them let alone surpassing them.

mouseish
Standard
Standard

Post by mouseish » Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:29 pm

only one way to fix that merk

practice more

time machine.

Merk

Post by Merk » Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:34 pm

We gots to go back in time so I can BEET BEET this shit right again!

It's funny though, I almost never beat my high scores from Distorted and Gold but I can usually beat one or two scores on any of the other mixes during most play sessions. It's like I have scores from two entirely different people on my memory card.

Pokebis
Standard
Standard

Post by Pokebis » Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:43 pm

I just got some Lincle BMS charts. I think there is something wrong because I am quite rusty from a long hiatus from the game, but I am AA'ing most of the 9s in Lincle. I rarely AA anything in the first place, let alone 9s. I think Lincle is on easy-modo or there's something wrong with the charts or something.

Pokebis
Standard
Standard

Post by Pokebis » Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:54 pm

Finally reached my goal of passing Xepher on not-Normal (Hyper).
Now I guess I just gotta' keep getting better.

Merk

Post by Merk » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:15 pm

That's actually not bad at all! I really hate that chart and if I recall that's one of the harder 10s. I know it's definitely one of the harder 11s on Another.

Have you cleared V [7]? The chart looks intimidating but it's really not that bad.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:32 am

You know what looks intimidating *and* really is that bad? This: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ih-WpTZcFIQ