Post items you have for sale or are looking to buy
**Read the rules announcement in this forum before participating**

Moderator: Moderators

Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland

Chad broke Drummania, I need sensors and soders

Post by Merk » Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:11 am

Chad never plays Drummania despite the fact that my cabinet resides snugly in his dining room but today he decided to go out on a whim after a tough day at the office and hit some buttons. As you can see from the thread title, it took him no more than two songs to break my cymbal and render the game useless. Cosmetically the cymbal is fine but you need to apply a LOT of pressure to get the thing to even register so it's about time that I replaced the sensor.

Obviously this thread is pretty much just for MonMotha, but if he has time I'd love for him to come down and just replace all the sensors on the game and maybe test out his new drivers that he has allegedly made and not shared with anybody. His time will be compensated with money and/or food.

ALSO

Chad's Stepmania cabinet needs a dremmel since the left pad has a stripped screw on every arrow. We would absolutely love it if MonMotha could bring a dremmel with him if/when he comes over.

Fluffyumpkins

Re: Chad broke Drummania, I need sensors and soders

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:41 am

What's weird is I think that was one we'd previously replaced.

Merk

Post by Merk » Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:41 pm

I guess it gets a lot of abuse!

v :? v

Merk

Post by Merk » Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:59 am

Bump!

I could really use someone's help here. I know Brian/Brandon have a fuuuuuckton of Piezo sensors and soldering irons laying around.

Merk

Post by Merk » Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:48 pm

Bumping this shit againnnnnnnn

RyogAkari
Standard
Standard

Post by RyogAkari » Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:18 am

This is Brandon's machine, right? I can't tinker around with it without his permission. However if it is actually YOUR machine then we can get some Piezos and I can solder them down and hot glue them into place. Dont know when Ill be up that way again but when I am Ill run by your place. You could also possibly come early to my bday party and have sensors and the wires up to the connector and I can solder the piezos on at my place.

Again, I can't consent to touch this unless the cab belongs to you personally. He's busy with work and stuff so if he wanted me to I could do it but he will probably prefer his own work over mine.

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:40 am

It is Merk's precious machine. He bought it with all of his allowance.

RyogAkari
Standard
Standard

Post by RyogAkari » Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:57 pm

haha, ok. Well I can fix it if you'd like. Though while you are around you should look into getting a solder iron and solder, etc. Its basically required when owning an arcade anymore.

belindashort
Light
Light

Post by belindashort » Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:40 pm

I am hesitant to respond to this, cause I don't think Brandon has actually seen this thread, but from everything I read on here and stay closed-lipped about, I'm really surprised you'd ask Brandon to drop his fantastically busy schedule to help you when you take any opportunity you see to say something shitty about him. The bad thing is that I am pretty sure he would help you despite you constantly hurting his feelings (again assuming, cause I am his girlfriend after all) because that is the kind of person he is.

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:48 pm

Depending on what happened, the sensor may need re-glued to the bottom of the plastic panel or wires may need soldered to the sensor (or both). The former isn't that hard. Just tear it apart and re-glue. I use a special superglue with a plastic activator. It sticks to the plastic really well, but sometimes it doesn't hold onto the metal of the piezo sensor that well. Soldering is obviously soldering, but be careful which solder you use: some flux will eat the sensor.

The sensor itself is probably fine, but they're like a dollar each from Digi-Key. I use part number 668-1009-ND.
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.
If you find this funny, you're a nerd.
If neither of the above apply, you are normal. Congratulations.

belindashort
Light
Light

Post by belindashort » Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:54 pm

MonMotha wrote:Friendly advice
<3

RyogAkari
Standard
Standard

Post by RyogAkari » Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:26 pm

I got the solder you specifically picked out for me so if I took care of this it doesnt appear to eat through piezos (Ive resoldered my own).

Anyway if I do help, I want you guys to watch so that you can learn and redo it yourself if needed. :3

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:01 pm

belindashort wrote:I am hesitant to respond to this, cause I don't think Brandon has actually seen this thread, but from everything I read on here and stay closed-lipped about, I'm really surprised you'd ask Brandon to drop his fantastically busy schedule to help you when you take any opportunity you see to say something shitty about him. The bad thing is that I am pretty sure he would help you despite you constantly hurting his feelings (again assuming, cause I am his girlfriend after all) because that is the kind of person he is.

belindashort
Light
Light

Post by belindashort » Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:20 am

Riot wrote: Image
Why am I not surprised that this exists?

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:08 am

I missed the bosom in the first glance. Also missed the hole in the armpituu~