beatmania, beatmaniaIIDX, beatmania III

Moderator: Moderators

ImuyumI
That guy in Kentucky that posts in an Indiana forum

Re: Tricoro

Post by ImuyumI » Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:15 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2dckKMIuA0

This would be more for you. This is lincle's wob wob wob song.

Pokebis
Standard
Standard

Post by Pokebis » Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:28 pm

1) That "garbage song" is a guest track from ARM, whom is a member of IOSYS. I, coming from the osu! community, really don't mind that song too much since shitty animu songs is kidna' their thing. Don't see what's too bad 'bout it unless you just really hate high-pitched Japanese voices and animu BGMs. And there are some really good tracks like NNRT and The Sampling Paradise.

2) I am excited for Tricoro because I know people are going to put the BMS files on sows. Seriously, I have played the shit out of Lincle's songs on Lunatic Rave 2 and it's probably one of my favorite mixes to be honest. (It also has a lot of impressive-looking charts that I can clear quite easily). Star Trail is a really fun song to play, actually. (It is an easy one, though).

I totally want to try the Lincle Kingdom and Lincle Link stuff (Jubeat and Reflec Beat are hella fun), though, but other than that LR2 is basically the same and I have a sexy Resort Anthem skin that works really well with it now. Seriously, if I can somehow meet with Merk sometime I could give him my LR2 data pre-set up and let him have all of my charts. (1-19 style + CS charts, 18-19 are missing some charts + O2JAM, BMS of Fighters, miscellaneous BMS charts). My LR2 is set up with timing that should be the same as an AC machine. I really do prefer having all of the songs at the immediate tip of my finger as opposed to switching out burned disks that fail to load some songs, I must play on a tiny ass screen with my controller on the bed.

I do think I'll get to try a real cab out, though. Washington is way closer to Vegas and maybe I'll get to go to Taiwan and/or Japan in the future some more. Very excited. Also never had a problem with Lincle or Tricoro's name. I think they're catchy and memorable. Who cares if it's a thing or not..?

Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland

Post by Merk » Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:37 pm

You know, it's funny you should say that because a huge 39gig LR2 file "dump" on "that one website" was released two days ago and I am in the "process" of "obtaining" it even though I probably can't "play" it on my "computer" because any form of "BEET" on a computer has never "worked" for me.

And yeah I too like Beet names. Casual fans tend to know the mix by its name instead of its number anyway so when I'm talking to shmucks like Chad about it he'll understand "Troopers" better than "15th"

How are your Beet times coming along? I am still the same ol' Merk.

ImuyumI

Post by ImuyumI » Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:03 pm

Any more news on this yet? All I remember hearing is that Tatsh is doing Happy Hardcore, so that definately warrents a listen.

Merk

Post by Merk » Wed May 02, 2012 4:46 am

How the fuck do I add songs in Lunar Rave? I can drag folders containing song file .zips into my jukebox and they pop up like they should but when I drag individual .zip files into the little add song window then nothing happens. When I open up Lunar Rave all I see is the folders I added but none of the songs in them.

Running Windows 7 and yes I am running L2R.exe as admin. I can't read moonspeak so I have no idea what I'm doing in the app itself or what half the buttons do.

Pokebis
Standard
Standard

Post by Pokebis » Wed May 02, 2012 4:07 pm

You'll have to unzip everything and then drag the folders into LR2. I think you want all the songs to be unzipped. LR2 can unzip shit for you, but I don't recommend it. I don't think it can recognize .7z which the torrent appears to have a lot of, though.
Here's what my hierarchy looks like:
Here's each of the mix folders in LR2. Drag each mix folder into the little Jukebox window. The songs load themselves:
And here's folders in the game (you can change the display names of the folders in the game, I have the names of the folders with numbers so they appear chronologically in my list):
(Ignore the scores, I don't touch some of the songs a whole lot and my improvement is all over the place)

Also, this isn't required, but you're going to get Mojibake when you unzip unless you use applocale or boot into Japanese locale (I really recommend the latter for unzipping everything). Then you'll want to use applocale to launch LR2 if you don't want trash characters in the game (you can make a shortcut, that's what I did).

Oh, and BoF packs will have folders within folders within folders for the songs. Every team in BoF (they organize shit into teams) has their own folder so it's kind of annoying and when you select the mix you get a bunch more folders. Not really a big issue, but letting you know that happens.

If you have any questions on anything in particular or it still isn't working just ask.

Merk

Post by Merk » Tue May 08, 2012 1:05 pm

Whoa whoa whoa so I have to unzip each individual song?

Holy. Shit.

Pokebis
Standard
Standard

Post by Pokebis » Wed May 09, 2012 3:53 pm

It's really not too much of an issue. When I got my fullpacks all of the styles had their own folders in the zips so I just unzipped them all and they worked themselves out.
Your case really isn't too much of an issue. The only thing you need to do is make folders for each style you have. So, like, make a "01 1st Style," "02 Second Style" ... "11 RED" and so on. Then grab the individual zips and shove them into their corresponding folder. If I looked at the torrent correctly they're already like this.
Anyways, once all the corresponding zips are all snug and cozy in the same folder you'll want to check how they're packed. Peek in one with Winrar and see if it contains a folder for the song or if it just contains the files for the song. In either case all you need to do is ctrl+a and right click. Then I explain the rest in this wonderful diagram:

Ultra sugoii desuyo, right!?
Now that all of your folders are ready to jam, open up LR2 and drag the mix folders (not the song folders) into the LR2 Jukebox1! Press yes (or はい) when the dialog box comes up and let it do it's thing. Then play away!

Again, I recommend being in Japanese locale for this.
If you're in Win7 go to Control Panel> Clock, Language, and Region> Region and Language> Administrative Tab> Click "Change System Locale"> Pick Japanese (Japan) > Press OK > Press Apply > Restart 'puter > Fuck Bitches > Get Money

Don't worry, it only changes your unicode settings; not the language of Windows (as in it's still in English). I honestly see no reason to not have it set in Japanese anyways because it just solves character issues and doesn't mess up any of your English programs or fonts.

Merk

Post by Merk » Wed May 09, 2012 4:11 pm

Pokebis you're a funny guy I'll have to try this sometime and see how it works!

Pokebis
Standard
Standard

Post by Pokebis » Thu May 10, 2012 2:56 pm

It's sooo worth it.
Unless you're going for that little score thingy that you put in your signature it's really great for playing seeing as switching mixes is right-clicking and scrolling up with your scroll wheel. It even has a search function and you can change tags!

Merk

Post by Merk » Thu May 10, 2012 3:21 pm

Welp! I extracted all the rars that had folders in them and removed/re-added the songs folder in the L2R jukebox and shit STILL wouldn't show in the song wheel. I can grab screen shots tonight after work.

I have never ever had good luck with any sort of music game on my computer with the exception of Stepmania. Does L2R need to be in program files or something? The torrent had it set up in program files by default but I moved it to a different hard drive since I don't have a whole lot of space on my Windows partition. Running as an administrator made no difference.

Pokebis
Standard
Standard

Post by Pokebis » Fri May 11, 2012 1:25 pm

Does your Jukebox look like this?

Pokebis
Standard
Standard

Post by Pokebis » Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:07 pm

Did Merk ever get fun-mode activate?

Fattoxthegreat
Light
Light

Post by Fattoxthegreat » Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:48 pm

I stumbled upon this Lunatic Rave nonsense whilst combing the internet yet again for the IIDX Gold soundtrack in 320 kbps MP3 (Which, by the way, is nowhere on the internet) and I gotta say, I am very pleased I did. For years I always was on the lookout for a IIDX simulator as simple as Stepmania but gave up. Becoming amazing at IIDX is really my only manageable dream left in life. I want to amount to the heights of Brian Ho and actually own an arcade cabinet one day but that's unfeasible now. By the way, the mix I downloaded only went up to Empress. Where can I get ahold of Sirius, Resort Anthem, and Lincle? And how do I get different themes? I think mine only came with Empress theme, which is obnoxiously pink.
"When you're always pessimistic, you're always being pleasantly surprised."
-A wise and unknown man

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:04 pm

Fattoxthegreat wrote:Becoming amazing at IIDX is really my only manageable dream left in life. I want to amount to the heights of Brian Ho and actually own an arcade cabinet one day but that's unfeasible now.
Before I finished reading the second sentence of that, I was already thinking, "I'm really not all that good at the game." Then I continued reading and understood. Machine ownership isn't that much of a height. I mean, it doesn't take any special talent. And frankly, maybe not for IIDX, but arcade machines in people's houses is starting to feel kind of commonplace. Perhaps it's just the people I hang around.