**Read the rules announcement in this forum before participating**

Moderator: Moderators

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: WTB: DDR Extreme Arcade Machine

Post by Ho » Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:02 pm

This really sucks.

Unfortunately, I think the only thing you can do is wait for them to get their shit together.

Mistakes happen, but I'm really sorry they had to happen on your first shot out of the box with this. :/

BenMadsen
Standard
Standard

Post by BenMadsen » Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:19 pm

Finally got Michelle to respond to me today. She asked if a Friday delivery would work. I said yes, and asked her to have them call me and set up a time (so I can find out when I need to be off work), and she never responded and they never called.

I'm more upset about how the way all of these mistakes have been handled moreso than the mistakes themselves. For now, I'll assume it will be here Friday. If I take the day of work Friday and they don't deliver it then, I'm going to open a BBB claim. I'm not normally a person who gets angry, but STI has handled this so poorly :(

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:47 am

I don't blame you one bit. This whole ordeal has been really disappointing to me given my many positive experiences with them in the past.

BenMadsen
Standard
Standard

Post by BenMadsen » Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:22 pm

Another lady (Amber) called and scheduled delivery for tomorrow from 8am-10am, saying I was the first delivery of the day. She also took responsibility for the mix-up the other day, saying she "overlooked" my delivery and apologized, which is all I ever really wanted. She confirmed delivery location and everything was accurate (except they still call me Eric, which drives me insane), and they even added on a 4th mover for free to ensure they can get the machine down the steps.

Hopefully everything will go well tomorrow morning!

Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland

Post by Merk » Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:50 am

Best of luck, let us know how it goes.

BenMadsen
Standard
Standard

Post by BenMadsen » Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:08 am

It's all delivered! Delivery men were awesome, by far the best experience of this move. Seems to be in generally good condition.

Bars have tons of the red paint flaked off, but I'll either buy a pad or use a towel. Pads seem good aesthetically, missing maybe 15 screws over the two pads though. Hopefully there are replacements you can buy?

Absolutely no idea how to plug it up, but I'm going to spend the day cleaning it first.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:39 am

Hooray for happy endings!

Good luck on getting everything setup. It's not too terribly hard and there are plenty of resources available at this point. For the most part, you can't get plugs wrong. Assuming they're originals, Konami was pretty good about using unique, keyed, and/or color-coded connectors so that it was obvious what went with what and generally impossible to get it upside down or in the wrong place. There were a couple exceptions I can think of, but none that would cause anything worse than a "heh, that's funny."

But, like I said, that's assuming the connectors are all original (and it's a Japanese, not Korean cabinet) and that some yahoo hasn't gone in there and hacked everything to ribbons.

BenMadsen
Standard
Standard

Post by BenMadsen » Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:34 am

Seems like I've pieced together a lot of how to get it going. Working on cleaning it now.

Going to lowes to see if I can buy replacement screws and to get a socket wrench that will fit into back to get the bar bolts out.

Merk

Post by Merk » Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:35 am

Good to hear that your machine came in, how hard was it for the delivery guys to get the machine up/down stairs? Did they just lift it or did they use some sort of tool/equipment?

Let us know if you need help getting your machine up. IndyDDR seems like the place to go these days for new private machine owners to go get help in setting up their DDR cabinet.

Any pics of the new machine?!

BenMadsen
Standard
Standard

Post by BenMadsen » Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:43 am

I will for sure, and I'll probably have tons of questions. I'll take pictures once I get it all cleaned and fixed up. Definitely in good condition for $1100.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:37 am

NOTE: The screws are metric. You're going to be looking in the "specialty" drawers at a place like Lowe's.

You will probably find screws that will work at Lowe's, but they probably won't look the same (finish, head style, etc.). If you want stuff that looks like the original hardware, you're going to have to special order it. There are some people in the community that sell whole screw sets. You can also sometimes find them on eBay.

BenMadsen
Standard
Standard

Post by BenMadsen » Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:07 am

I found some at Lowe's that I'm 99% sure are equivalent, but they only had about 15 of each size and they can in 2 packs that were nuts expensive. I bought them to see if they work. Also bought a screw extractor because some of these screws are awful. Couldn't find a 20mm socket wrench for the bar bolts so I just bought an expandable wrench.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:43 pm

If what you bought are metric and they fit, they're probably right. If they're not metric and they sorta fit, you probably need something else. The package size and price you describe sounds like what I would expect from the specialty hardware section at Lowe's, so I think you're probably on the right track.

Lowe's usually has a screw finder in that aisle with various threads and nuts on it. You can take a sample screw or nut in and use the guide to see what it fits in/on. Then you'll know for sure what you need to buy. :)

BenMadsen
Standard
Standard

Post by BenMadsen » Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:53 pm

Yeah that's what I used. I'll try them tonight and post pictures once I get everything cleaned and hooked up. Thanks as always for the help, guys.

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Fri Jul 10, 2015 3:34 pm

In case it's not obvious, EVERYTHING on the machine is metric. Trying to use UTS screws will just destroy threads, so make sure you don't do that. Same goes for sockets, hex keys, etc.
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.
If you find this funny, you're a nerd.
If neither of the above apply, you are normal. Congratulations.