beatmania, beatmaniaIIDX, beatmania III

Moderator: Moderators

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Near some arcade place that has the same initials as Drum and Bass

Arcade Machine Locations

Post by Amp Divorax » Sat Aug 06, 2005 11:56 pm

If this information is already up on the forum then I apologize, but does anybody know some arcade locations that have Beatmania machines? I'm interested in playing on one when I return to stateside.
Memorable 2016 quotes:
Ho wrote:You can break arcade games and I will fix YOU!

Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland

Post by Merk » Sun Aug 07, 2005 1:28 am

There's a Beatmania IIDX 4th style machine here at Putt-Putt Golf and Games here in Ft. Wayne, Indiana. However, it being 4th style you're limited to High-speed 1, 96 songs, tight timing, no grading system, and the machine is missing its original screen and is instead hooked up to a projector, which isn't all that bad per se, but it's certainly different from the standard arcade experience.

The real main gripe I have with the machine here in Ft. Wayne is the fact that it's a 4th style and am therefore limited to High-speed 1 and a mediocre song list. If they upgraded to something like, say, 8th style, I could play good songs that aren't Fantasy, R5, S.O.S, era, and DXY! Keep in mind though if you plan on playing at the arcade that the turn table at the arcade is more difficult to use because it's heavier and farther away from the keys than on the normal KOC.

Outside of Indiana I have no clue on any IIDX machine locations, there's a Beatmania III in Michigan at Pinball Pete's, that's all I know of personally.

EDIT: That machine is at Blasters, not Pinball Pete's, my mistake.
Last edited by Merk on Sun Aug 07, 2005 2:04 am, edited 2 times in total.

seveneleven
Heavy
Heavy

Post by seveneleven » Sun Aug 07, 2005 1:30 am

Merk wrote:There's a Beatmania IIDX 4th style machine here at Putt-Putt Golf and Games here in Ft. Wayne, Indiana. However, it being 4th style you're limited to High-speed 1, 96 songs, tight timing, no grading system, and the machine is missing it's original screen and is instead hooked up to a projector, which isn't all that bad per se, but it's certainly different from the standard arcade experience.

The real main gripe I have with the machine here in Ft. Wayne is the fact that it's a 4th style and am therefore limited to High-speed 1 and a mediocre song list. If they upgraded to something like, say, 8th style, I could play good songs that aren't Fantasy, R5, S.O.S, era, and DXY! Keep in mind though if you plan on playing at the arcade that the turn table at the arcade is more difficult to use because it's heavier and farther away from the keys than on the normal KOC.

Outside of Indiana I have no clue on any IIDX machine locations, there's a Beatmania III in Michigan at Pinball Pete's, that's all I know of personally.
OH and the video disc is effed up to the point where the vid like jumps from the screen that says so to some random stuffs... and the sound is starting to get a little iffy on the right hand side but overall still good

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Sun Aug 07, 2005 1:34 am

Merk wrote:Outside of Indiana I have no clue on any IIDX machine locations, there's a Beatmania III in Michigan at Pinball Pete's, that's all I know of personally.
Slight correction: Beatmania III is at Blasters, up in Brighton. Pinball Pete's has an excellent selection of Bemani (including DMX 2nd Append J-Paradise, w00t!), but no beatmania of any form.

The PP machine is not bad, thouh the projector REALLY janky. It's interlaced, low-res, far away (unlike a normal arcade where the screen is right in your face), has some burn-in, and has the wrong aspect ratio, so things are scrunched horizontally. The machine plays just fine, though.

I happen to prefer arcade controller dimensions and turntable weight, thank you. It's so much more fun when pinky scratching actually involves moving your hand away from the buttons :)
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.
If you find this funny, you're a nerd.
If neither of the above apply, you are normal. Congratulations.

LikeableRodent

Post by LikeableRodent » Sun Aug 07, 2005 7:13 am

Westland Fun Park in Michigan has IIDX 8th Style the last I checked.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Sun Aug 07, 2005 8:45 am

MonMotha wrote:
Merk wrote:Outside of Indiana I have no clue on any IIDX machine locations, there's a Beatmania III in Michigan at Pinball Pete's, that's all I know of personally.
Slight correction: Beatmania III is at Blasters, up in Brighton.
As of our last visit, March 6. Do note that games tend to cycle through Blasters periodically, so it's always best to check before going if there's something specific you're looking for.

EDIT: Oh snap! Did I just see what I thought I just saw?

BakaOrochi
Korean!
Korean!

Post by BakaOrochi » Mon Aug 08, 2005 12:18 am

Regarding DMX 2nd Mix Append J-Paradise, I went last month and the month before, and they don't have it.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Mon Aug 08, 2005 9:42 am

BakaOrochi wrote:Regarding DMX 2nd Mix Append J-Paradise, I went last month and the month before, and they don't have it.
At Pinball Pete's or Blasters? On our March road trip we saw it at Pete's.

BakaOrochi
Korean!
Korean!

Post by BakaOrochi » Tue Aug 09, 2005 4:41 am

It's still at Pete's. The only time DMX was at Blaster's was that 1st Mix at MWS2, before that at MWS1, it was a Append J-Paradise...dunno where that went.