So fresh and so clean clean

IndyDDR's online socialization center: general topics not related to specific coverage areas

Moderator: Moderators

Fluffyumpkins

So fresh and so clean clean

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:24 pm

Wow. This looks quite different. Color is spelled with a u and... well...

Did anything else change?
Last edited by Fluffyumpkins on Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fluffyumpkins

Re: So fresh and so clean clean

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:24 pm

I'm at STANDARD. WHY!?!?!?!?!

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:33 pm

Report test...

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:36 pm

o_O

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:08 pm

eww
Riot wrote:My hair alone is like 5mb.
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy

Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland

Post by Merk » Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:09 pm

It's definitely going to take some time getting used to this. Indyddr has pretty much looked the same since it got away from the Yahoo! group up until now.

I'm not a big fan of this layout, it looks really jumbled and everything is backwards.

= /

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:13 pm

Kinda agree. And how do I downrate Chad's posts now?

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:40 pm

I personally prefer the post being on the left. It's just personal preference, but I like having the part I actually read be where I start reading from left to right. This will be especially handy for those occasions when I'm browsing on a tiny screen like a phone. I won't have to scroll horizontally just to be able to start reading.

Any change will take some adjustment. You're quite right that everything has been essentially the same here for years now. But don't reject things just because they're different. You might find that you actually prefer a new view if you give it a chance. Of course you might not...but that's what the feedback forum is for! Make a valid case and I'll be more inclined to listen and see what can be done.

letshavetea
Standard
Standard

Post by letshavetea » Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:42 pm

.... three forums I go to did this to me yesterday...

everything is different...

and yes, this feels backwards... very very backwards.

WhiteDragon
Heavy
Heavy

Post by WhiteDragon » Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:34 pm

I do see the point of having the part that you read immediately on the left. However, I really dislike this, as it means that I tend to start reading something and then go "wait, who posted this?" and look over to the right hand side.
Original Sin wrote:Besides, this is IndyDDR...honestly. What do you expect?

ShammerS
Standard
Standard

Post by ShammerS » Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:56 pm

I'm on an old SyncMaster 152 monitor, but I'm having trouble seeing where posts end and signatures begin. Would it be possible to add some sort of break or divider? I feel like every post Chad puts ends with "only a few more clicks and I get unlimited songs!" Edit: Upon further inspection, it seems that the light blue of a quote box and the white of a normal post are what make it so blurred to me on this monitor. Am I alone? :-p

Also, bright page is bright. It's very lively, but I feel like a little more color, on something other than just the top banner would give the page the extra -umph-. Again, it may be the result of a shotty monitor.

I'm assuming the old video and photo pages still function? Those, coupled with the 'featured articles' gave the sight flare that was only seen on the front page - integrating those in to general forum browsing would be awesome, IMO.

I'm always up for change of any kind, as long as it's constructive - this revamp seems to be no exception. 8)

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:45 pm

WhiteDragon wrote:I do see the point of having the part that you read immediately on the left. However, I really dislike this, as it means that I tend to start reading something and then go "wait, who posted this?" and look over to the right hand side.
The author's name is conveniently right above the post text still over here on the left. :)
ShammerS wrote:I'm on an old SyncMaster 152 monitor, but I'm having trouble seeing where posts end and signatures begin. Would it be possible to add some sort of break or divider? I feel like every post Chad puts ends with "only a few more clicks and I get unlimited songs!" Edit: Upon further inspection, it seems that the light blue of a quote box and the white of a normal post are what make it so blurred to me on this monitor. Am I alone? :-p

Also, bright page is bright. It's very lively, but I feel like a little more color, on something other than just the top banner would give the page the extra -umph-. Again, it may be the result of a shotty monitor.

I'm assuming the old video and photo pages still function? Those, coupled with the 'featured articles' gave the sight flare that was only seen on the front page - integrating those in to general forum browsing would be awesome, IMO.

I'm always up for change of any kind, as long as it's constructive - this revamp seems to be no exception. 8)
I agree this template lacks as strong of a contrast as the old one did. However, as I stated before, all I've really had time to do so far is just get phpBB3 running pretty much stock. MonMotha and I intend to put some customizations in place and I welcome suggestions you may have. I can't promise I'll do them all, but there's a much better chance if you tell me than if you don't. :)

As for your monitor, check to make sure you're running in its native resolution and check your brightness and contrast settings. If you're running VGA, you may even want to give the auto adjustment button a push. The problems you're describing sound more like maladjustment than shoddiness. I had the 17" cousin of that monitor for awhile, and I thought it produced a pretty good picture when fed an appropriate signal and properly adjusted.

RyogAkari
Standard
Standard

Post by RyogAkari » Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:39 pm

I, for one, like our new overlor....I mean, the style of the forum. Way to go Ho-man and Code Monkey!

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Post by danc1005 » Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:58 pm

If it's possible, I think the page numbers under a thread title should still go right under the thread title instead of all the way over to the right. Either that or having clicking a thread automatically redirect to the last page. I went to the first page of Random Thoughts about 10 times today.
Also, this happened occasionally before, so it may be the same thing, but since the change to phpBB3, the forum hasn't managed to keep me logged in between two sessions yet.

YeehawMcKickass
Standard
Standard

Post by YeehawMcKickass » Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:47 pm

I'll say one thing: this is a lot cleaner looking than PH.