[Grubb's] Random Thoughts of the Day

IndyDDR's online socialization center: general topics not related to specific coverage areas

Moderator: Moderators

Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland

Re: [Grubb's] Random Thoughts of the Day

Post by Merk » Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:30 am

I see, interesting, does that mean you plan on coming back to the US, sir? Doesn't your family live in Arizona now or something?

Anyway, I am of the firm belief that some people are so contrarian that they live their life solely to be as different as possible because they revel in it. I'm talking about the people who cut off / paste on a wiener, attend every protest they can, talk about moving to another country everyday, have sex with everything (usually at the same time), try to be overweight, vote "independent," only watch art house movies, and believe in the supernatural.

But the real reason I made this post is to tell you all about the dreams I had last night. Riot might be able to relate to this -- it took place in the present (as in this year) and I dreamt that it was band season again. Everyone that was in band when I was in band was back to play except they were all older. I didn't know the show and neither did anyone else, but we were all ready to go on a band trip to someplace out West (Nevada, I think). There wasn't anything real "band" about the dream other than the people, but I spoke with a bunch of them and they just told me about their lives in casual dream conversation. Most of them were assholes, had kids, or turned gay. I went into the elevator of this hotel (by dream logic I was in this hotel suddenly) and then I woke up.

The other dream I had involved some girl sending Brian a long ass PM on IndyDDR telling him to ban me. I never have IndyDDR dreams so I figured it would be poignant to talk about it on here and make this post. Anyway, the PM never referred to me directly by name, but the lady used "The Son of Switzerland" as a euphemism/allegory for "Merk." Again, by dream logic, Brian (who read me the PM) and I knew that this lady was referring to me despite the fact it was never explicitly stated in the PM nor have I ever gone by that moniker. Anyway, Brian banned me because it was a lady who sent him the PM, the background on my phone changed to a picture of a "AA" like one would see on the result screen in IIDX, and then I woke up.

And that's my story.

LikeableRodent

Post by LikeableRodent » Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:00 am

Merk wrote:I see, interesting, does that mean you plan on coming back to the US, sir? Doesn't your family live in Arizona now or something?
I'm planning on stepping foot back in the US around two years from now. Japan is just a (long) temp residency.

Nice that you remember where my family (parents) lived. They now reside in Philly. We used to move about every two years or so while growing up, so I guess it's nice to see that they've kept up the tradition. Since I came to Japan they've moved from Michigan to Arizona to Philly.

Actually, I've lived in Fukushima City longer than any other city in my life.

And as for your dreams... I dunno. They sound sexy.

Merk

Post by Merk » Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:41 am

Horry shit is your family in witness protection or something? Why does your family move all the time? I hope you realize that your move to Ft. Wayne has forever changed your life, brought us together, and introduced you to the wonderful world of IndyDDR.com

What are you going to do when you get back to the US? Is Erin (Erica?) coming with you?

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:36 pm

That dream is pretty awesome. I like how it is so specific but so bizarre. I am always having dreams about being in band, shuffling around through warm-ups before a competition, totally confident... then I'm out on the field and I realize I don't know the show but I just follow everyone's lead and get through it. Speaking of all the old band alumni, it's Barber's 25th anniversary and a bunch of band alumni are going to the potluck October 30th I think. I got an invite on Facebook but don't know all the deetz.

I want to do this to my dreams: http://gizmodo.com/5843117/scientists-r ... n-activity

Merk

Post by Merk » Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:43 pm

I would like to go, could you send me an invite?

LikeableRodent

Post by LikeableRodent » Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:25 pm

Merk wrote:Horry shit is your family in witness protection or something? Why does your family move all the time? I hope you realize that your move to Ft. Wayne has forever changed your life, brought us together, and introduced you to the wonderful world of IndyDDR.com

What are you going to do when you get back to the US? Is Erin (Erica?) coming with you?
My dad tends to get employed at places that run into financial difficulty two or so years after he joins... either going bankrupt or having financial problems and laying people off. Carroll in Fort Wayne was my third high school, and yeah, if I hadn't moved to Fort Wayne I probably wouldn't be where I am now both physically (Fukushima) and online (the wonderful world of IndyDDR.com). And you, Merk. I would have never met you.

By Erin/Erica do you mean Beth?
Riot wrote:...then I'm out on the field and I realize I don't know the show but I just follow everyone's lead and get through it.
Ugh, I've lived through that reality. I started at a new high school my freshman year, joined band, realized that everyone had been practicing all summer and realized that there was no room for another trumpet (I played trumpet). On Wednesday the band conductor handed me a bass drum and told me to play that instead then we had a show on Friday night. I had no idea what the hell I was doing but went out on the field anyway.

Pokebis
Standard
Standard

Post by Pokebis » Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:27 pm

I like how I can become lucid in my dreams but then my mind shits in my face and everything happens the complete opposite of how I want it to. (I'm in a car and I want to be somewhere- THIS IS A DREAM I SHOULD USE TELEPORT! Oh shit; we drove into a swamp!)

Erica6924
Standard
Standard

Post by Erica6924 » Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:56 pm

You people are strange.
~*Erica*~

LikeableRodent

Post by LikeableRodent » Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:36 pm

Erica6924 wrote:You people are strange.
Only because it's a Wednesday, my dear.

And nice seein' you on here, Erica!

Merk

Post by Merk » Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:26 am

LikeableRodent wrote: By Erin/Erica do you mean Beth?
Yes! Haha, my bad, is she going to come back with you to the US or is that a big white elephant for you guys? Sucks for your dad! How the heck does he get employed at other places so fast?
Erica6924 wrote:You people are strange.
Well this is certainly out of left field...

Erica6924
Standard
Standard

Post by Erica6924 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:21 pm

I'm a left field kind of person!
Yesterday was my Birthday and now i'm old. :(
THought i'd drop in and see what was going on. It looks pretty dead around here. I should post some pictures of Noah!
~*Erica*~

Merk

Post by Merk » Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:30 pm

Erica you've missed a lot. IndyDDR has sort of become The Merk Show and I've made a lot of insightful posts about my life and how I see things. All the retards that used to post here are gone for the most part and those that have stayed are chill as hell. You should start posting again, we're severely lacking a lady's perspective on things.

So how old are you now? 30? Chad (Fluffyumpkins) is getting up there. I just turned 26 not too long ago myself.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:01 pm

Erica6924 wrote:THought i'd drop in and see what was going on. It looks pretty dead around here. I should post some pictures of Noah!
Are you a mommy that shows her baby to everyone? Is Noah a baby? Who built the ark?

Merk

Post by Merk » Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:01 am

Merk

Post by Merk » Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:44 am

When I die please just throw my body in the sea or in a ditch. I don't need to be dignified so pitch me in whatever I was wearing at the time when I died. Hold a casual banquet, maybe have people say their piece, and then get on with your lives. I would not object to a headstone but it's not necessary.